Sponsored Research Services subscribes to InfoEd International's comprehensive funding opportunities database, free for use by RIT faculty, staff, and students.
- Access SMARTS/GENIUS for automatic e-mail notifications of matching opportunities. Create a new profile or modify an existing one.
- Access SPIN to search the funding opportunities database
- Tips for using InfoEd Databases
- InfoEd Keyword Thesaurus and InfoEd Award Types - used to categorize opportunities and set up your interest profile
- Investigator Profile Form if you want SRS to create or update your profile.
- InfoEd Tutorial for SMARTS/GENIUS/SPIN (5 MB ppt*)
- Forgotten InfoEd login or password?
- SPIN (Sponsored Programs Information Network)
The SPIN database includes information on funding opportunities from federal, state, foundation, and other types of sponsors. The database is updated daily. Nationwide, universities use the SPIN database more than any other resource of its kind.
- SMARTS (SPIN Matching and Research Transmittal System)
SMARTS is InfoEd's electronic notification system for the dissemination of funding opportunity information. When the information in a funding opportunity matches a profile in the GENIUS database, an e-mail message is automatically sent to the faculty or staff member. The information in a profile may be modified at any time to broaden or narrow the breadth of the profile.
- GENIUS (Global Expertise Network for Industry, Universities and Scholars)
GENIUS is a database of faculty expertise. A faculty or staff profile entered into the SMARTS system becomes part of the GENIUS database. The database may be searched to identify potential collaborators.
Please contact SRS if you have any questions about using GENIUS, SPIN, or SMARTS.