Update - Interested parties should contact David Bond at email@example.com
Synopsis. Innovations in Graduate Education (IGE) projects will generate potentially transformative models for improvements in graduate education that prepare the next generation of scientists and engineers for the full range of possible STEM career paths to advance the nation's STEM enterprise. IGE is dedicated solely to piloting, testing, and validating innovative approaches to graduate education and to generating the knowledge required for the customization and implementation of the most successful, transformative ones. The primary target population for IGE projects must be master's and/or doctoral STEM students in a research-based degree program that requires a thesis or dissertation.
Institutional Limit. An eligible organization may participate in two Innovations in Graduate Education proposals per competition. Participation includes serving as a lead organization on a non-collaborative proposal or as a lead organization, non-lead organization, or subawardee on a collaborative proposal.
Internal Proposals. In a concept paper of no more than two pages, please address the following:
- Project Summary. Summarize the graduate education model or approaches that will be piloted and tested, or the existing pilot that will be adopted or expanded, as part of the IGE project. Describe the disciplinary field(s) involved, the knowledge that will be generated to inform implementation and adaptability of transformative approaches to STEM graduate education, and how the project is responsive to a need and/or opportunity.
- Innovation(s) in Graduate Education. Describe the overarching goals of the proposed IGE with a focus on piloting and testing potentially transformative improvements in graduate education.
- Broader Impacts. Provide a discussion of the broader impacts of the education model and activities and how it is responsive to the NSF review criterion.
- Performance Assessment/Project Evaluation. Describe plans for assessment and evaluation.
- Personnel and Prior Support. List PI and co-PIs and summarize prior NSF support for each.
- Budget overview. Provide a brief overview of the planned budget.
Send internal proposals to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Full Proposal Deadline: October 25, 2017