NYSERDA, the New York State Energy Research and Development Authority, is a New York State agency aimed at promoting energy efficiency and the development and use of renewable energy sources. www.nyserda.ny.gov
The Golisano Institute for Sustainability, or GIS, is a multidisciplinary academic unit at RIT whose mission is to undertake world-class education and research programs in sustainability with major foci on sustainable production, sustainable energy, sustainable mobility and ecologically friendly information technology systems. GIS provides a wide range of services to Venture Creations companies. www.rit.edu/gis
The Center for Integrated Manufacturing Studies (CIMS) at RIT was established in 1992 with the mission to increase the competitiveness of manufacturers through applied technology and training. CIMS represents a dynamic collaboration of in-house technical experts, as well as academic, industry, and government resources.
CIMS' major programs include:
- Center for Excellence in Lean Enterprise
- Center for Sustainable Production
- Center for Sustainable Mobility
- Imaging Products Laboratory
- Manufacturing Technologies Program
- National Center for Remanufacturing and Resource Recovery
- New York State Pollution Prevention Institute
- Occupational Safety and Ergonomics Excellence Program
- Systems Modernization and Sustainment Center
CIMS' 170,000 square-foot facilities, which house $45 million of contemporary equipment, on the campus of RIT support solution developments in technology bays, specialized applied technology laboratories and a state-of-the-art training center. Over the last two years, CIMS has interacted with some 1,000 companies, completed over 1,100 industrial projects, and conducted more than 600 training courses for over 12,000 participants from around the world.