Poor quality in manufacturing and service can cost companies as much as 20 percent of revenue in rework, scrap, brand switching, and loss of goodwill. Organizations have begun to understand that prevention saves more time and money than the discovery of flaws after the fact.
The school’s management-oriented certificate program focuses on quality as a priority. Developed in cooperation with industry, the courses can help students develop a total quality management environment to combine the theory and practice of statistical quality control with leadership, teamwork, and problem-solving concepts and skills.
The certificate in quality management teaches the nuts and bolts of a quality organization, prepares students to introduce quality concepts to their organization, and teaches how to put quality principles to work. The certificate can prepare students to work as quality trainers, facilitators, team leaders, or managers at various levels of an organization.
$936 per credit hour (2017-18 AY)
12 credit hours required
A part-time student could complete the program in 1 to 2 years.
- 95% of RIT graduates enter the workforce or continue to go on for further education
- RIT alums hail from more than 147 countries and work for more than 3,723 employers
- Upon graduation, you’ll become a member of the 121,000-strong RIT alumni community
- We build programs based on real-time employer demand
- The same faculty that teach on-campus, teach online
- RIT faculty have extensive experience in the classroom, in research, and in their professional fields
- We provide the same library services and resources, including a dedicated librarian, for online students
- Our career specialists provide advisement to help you plan, prepare for, and meet your career goals
- We provide enriched personalized academic advising
- You receive the same RIT credential as traditional on-campus graduates
Applications may be submitted any time during the year. For priority consideration, please submit all application materials a minimum of 6 weeks prior to your intended start date.
To be considered for admission to the certificate in quality management program, candidates must complete the online application form and fulfill the following requirements:
- Submit official transcripts (in English) of all previously completed undergraduate and graduate course work
- A test of English Language aptitude is required of all applicants and course registrants whose native language is not English. RIT accepts TOEFL, IELTS, and PTE exams. Applicants are exempt from submitting the TOEFL, IELTS, or PTE-Academic exams if they have worked or studied in the U.S. for the last two years or they are from countries and attended universities whose native language is English. These countries include: Antigua, Australia, Bahamas, Barbados, Barbuda, Belize, Bermuda, Botswana, Canada, except Quebec, Commonwealth Caribbean, Dominica, Fiji, Ghana, Grand Cayman Islands, Grenada, Guyana, Irish Republic, Jamaica, Lesotho, Liberia, Malawi, New Zealand, Nigeria, Papua New Guinea, Sierra Leone, St. Kitt & Nevis, St. Lucia, St. Vincent & Grenadines, Swazilan, Tanzania, Tobago, Trinidad, Uganda, United Kingdom, USA, except Puerto Rico, Virgin Islands, Zambia, Zimbabwe.
- Request Information