Modern video games are incredibly complex multimedia productions involving still and motion graphics, code, audio, interface elements, narrative elements and much more.
In this course, you will learn how and where all these pieces come from, who’s in charge of each piece and the different stages of the game design process. We will also show you how everything is brought together to create a final product.
What you'll learn:
- How the different elements within a video game are created
- How video game assets are created differently than other media products
- How the assets come together and who’s responsible for making all the pieces work together
- How a video game gets “polished” into a shipping product
- Price $49 for verified track. No charge for audit.
Delivered on edX online learning platform (can be taken alone or as part of the XSeries)
Enrollment restrictions are subject to change. Please contact us for assistance.
- GAME101x: Video Game Design History (0 credits)
- GAME102x: Video Game Design and Balance (0 credits)
- GAME104x: Video Game Design: Teamwork & Collaboration (0 credits)
- GAME105x: Gameplay Programming for Video Game Designers (0 credits)
- Request Information