Game designers work with a wide range of asset creators, programmers, producers, and others to bring a video game from concept to product. In this course, you will learn about the different types of teams a game designer is a member of, both large and small.
You will also learn about the different roles of a development team and how game designers collaborate with others to successfully create and market a final product.
What you'll learn:
- The different roles on a video game development team
- The different roles on the wider business and support teams
- Game designer’s backgrounds and how they interact with each other
- The process by which video games are made, marketed, and sold
- Price $49 for verified track. No charge for audit.
Delivered on edX online learning platform (can be taken alone or as part of the XSeries)
Enrollment restrictions are subject to change. Please contact us for assistance.
- GAME101x: Video Game Design History (0 credits)
- GAME102x: Video Game Design and Balance (0 credits)
- GAME103x: Video Game Asset Creation and Process (0 credits)
- GAME105x: Gameplay Programming for Video Game Designers (0 credits)
- Request Information