Better Passwords for Optimal Mobile Security
Smartphones open a back door into your life. In the event that a hacker tries to remotely steal your information or your mobile device is lost or stolen, the first step of defense is locking it with secure passwords. No matter the device you are using, there are improved guidelines to follow in order to keep your data safe.
An effective method of creating a strong password is to take a sentence and turn it into a password.
- I like to learn about information security = IL2LAIS
- Life is like a big box of chocolates = LILABBOC
- Someday I would like to take a vacation and stay at a five star hotel = SIWL2TAV&S@A5SH
Since you should avoid using the same password over and over, a helpful tip is to customize the sentence used to the account you are logging in to.
- I like to learn about information security on Facebook = IL2LAISOF@ceb00k
- I like to learn about information security on Citibank = IL2LAISOC!t!b@^k
- I like to learn about information security on iPhone = IL2LAISOiPh0^3
Take a few minutes to look at RIT’s password standards for more information.