Lauren Brockbank SCB Senator
Hi everyone! My name is Lauren Brockbank and I am this year's Saunders College of Business Senator. Having been at RIT for two years, I have grown to be very passionate about our college, as it has allowed me to grow both personally and professionally. As a brother of Delta Sigma Pi Professional Business Fraternity and a member of other various Saunders' clubs, I can officially say that I am involved in the college's activities and am excited to be in Student Government to expand my involvement.
I applied for this position because I thought it was a unique and fitting way to give back to the college for what it has provided to me. Also, with a few years of experience in Saunders College of Business, I have developed several new ideas for the program and hope to implement them this year! As a Senator, I would love to hear from you! I can promise I will always be motivated to assist you with making your dreams and goals become real.
My responsibilities include:
- Serving as a liaison between Student Government and the Saunders College of Business
- Meeting quarterly with my constituents and the dean to represent my constituents' interests
- To the best of my ability, represent the interests of my constituents
- To serve on multiple Institute committees
- Developing a more prominent brand for Saunders College of Business through sponsorships of professional events, ratings, etc.
- Creating more opportunities for students to meet with employers with the continuation of the Saunders Reverse Career Fair and other various networking events
- Providing a smooth transition between deans by coordinating meet and greets, information sessions, and opening otherwise closed meetings
- Continuing and fostering the sense of community in the college by organizing more social events for students, faculty, and staff
- Promoting the collaboration of clubs within the college by attending club meetings and shared college calendars