Are you interested in becoming an SI Leader?
Download an application for the 2012-2013 academic year:
Supplemental Instruction (SI) Leaders are model students who facilitate two weekly peer-led study sessions for those who are enrolled in historically difficult courses.
The essential tasks of an SI Leader are as follows:
- Attend all classes, labs, and meetings for the assigned course section
- Plan and facilitate two weekly SI sessions, which are open to all students enrolled in the supported course section
- Maintain attendance records for each session
- Attend weekly SI Leader training
- Communicate clearly with the SI Supervisor and course faculty regarding session plans and student progress
A typical work week involves
- 4 to 6 hours attending class
- 1 hour for planning sessions/meeting with faculty
- 2 hours facilitating SI sessions
- 1 hour for SI Leader training
SI Leaders have excellent listening, administrative and organizational skills, a proven track record of outstanding class attendance and performance, and the ability to communicate effectively with peers, staff, and faculty.
Do you have a comment or suggestion? Send it to us!
For more information please contact the Academic Support Center at firstname.lastname@example.org.