Sorry, you need to enable JavaScript to visit this website.

Blood Drive in the Fireside Lounge

Blood Drive in the Fireside Lounge

RIT student volunteers talk about why it is important to donate blood within the RIT Community

Today, I was on my way back to the #RITStudentLife office when I stumbled upon the Blood Drive in the Fireside Lounge, hosted by the American Red Cross. As it happens, I’ve never donated blood before, so I took it upon myself to go ask some questions. As I approached a table with cases of water and snacks, two friendly student volunteers greeted me and were absolutely delighted to answer my questions.

Lindsay and Sam are just some of the many student volunteers who help with this event at RIT.  We often don’t stop to consider how many lives our school is touching through the many donations made each time this event is held. What’s more, is that you’ll feel amazing knowing that you made a contribution that can help to change a life.

The next blood drive will be held next week on Monday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. in the Fireside Lounge. Make sure to eat a big breakfast, drink lots of water, and come out and donate!

Don’t forget to use #RITStudentLife to share your experience with us!

Eliza Austin
Digital Content Manager
Assessment, Technology, and Communications
Email:  esaatc@rit.edu