Event Planning Checklist
Reserve your space at the Welcome Center Desk in the Campus Center or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
*Be sure to consider the following items when making your reservation:
- What size room is needed?
- How much time is needed for set-up?
- Should a rain date/location be reserved?
- Are multiple spaces needed?
Find out what services are required
(Facilities Management, Dining Services, Public Safety, etc.)
*Use Event Planning Logistics Checklist below to determine service needs
Register event through EVR online at The Link at least two weeks in advance.
*Don’t forget to continue checking your event submission page on The Link. Additional information may be requested for service providers in order to approve the event. Contact email@example.com with questions.
- Complete the Club Center Financial Certification (this applies only to RIT clubs)
- Meet with Club Center financial staff regarding club funds.
Where are the funds for this event coming from?
- Club Budget
- Member Contribution
- Student Government Finance Committee Request
- Fill out a Center for Campus Life Art Request for help creating communications & advertisements
- Fill out a Promotion Distribution Form to have communications posted throughout campus (hardcopies found in the Club Center)
- Purchase supplies for event/preparation
Special Event Procedures/Agreements
*If the event includes any of the below components, please read and abide by the appropriate procedures.
- Car smash
- Dance Party Guidelines
- Sustainable Events Guidelines
Event Planning Logistics
- Specific room set up
- Size and quantity
- Trash cans
- Special lighting and/or sound equipment
- Stage or dance floor
- Technical needs
- Golf carts for transportation
Food & Beverages
- Food will be provided
- Brick City Catering
- Dining Express
- Outside Caterer
- Purchased Externally
- Food provided at no cost to attendees
*Must follow University Vendor Policy
- Event attendees include non-RIT community members
- Non-RIT attendees need designated parking
- Minors *Protecting minors on campus
- Money will be collected at the event *Cash handling protocol
- Event includes activities that could impose risk of injury to participants/spectators *Waivers & rules
- Third party vendors will be present at the event *Contracts/insurance
Printable PDF Version: