Who Can Vend at RIT?
If you are an RIT faculty, staff, or alumni who is interested in vending at RIT, please contact the Graduate Assistant for Vending (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Individual students are not allowed to vend. However, student groups (i.e. clubs, sororities, fraternities etc.) can vend, for the purpose of raising funds for their organization. There is no cost for student groups.
Why Vend at RIT?
Vending at RIT is a great opportunity to sell products and services to potentially thousands of students, faculty and staff members.
There are two locations on campus where vendors are permitted to sell. The lobby of the Student Alumni Union (SAU) is our most popular vending location. The SAU is a central place for many campus offices and activities. This is also the location of two cafeterias (Brick City Café, RITZ SportsZone), Ben and Jerry's Ice Cream, and Nathan’s Soup and Salad; all popular and busy places for RIT students, faculty, and staff. Vending at RIT is a great opportunity to reach a wide range of possible customers.
The other vending location is Grace Watson Hall, located on the residential side of campus. Grace Watson houses the largest dining hall on campus, referred to as Gracie’s, which serves over 1,300 residents. If you wish to vend in the Grace Watson Lobby and/or the Sundial, please contact Marc Goldman, Associate Director for the Center for Residence Life at email@example.com.
Cost of Vending at RIT
Vending in the SAU is available from 8:30 AM to 5:00 PM Monday - Friday. There is a limited number of spaces so please remember to book early. Payment for vending is due either prior to vending date or no later than the vending reservation. Acceptable payment methods are check, money order, or cash. If cash is used, the exact amount must be given.
One (1) table - $50.00
Two (2) tables - $75.00
Three (3) tables - $85.00
Four (4) tables (SAU only) - $100.00
RIT Staff/Alum/Faculty Vendors
You may reserve tables at a reduced cost. Reserving a table/vending space is only $25 for the first table. Any additional tables (up to a total of three tables) are $10 each.
One (1) table - $25.00
Two (2) tables - $35.00
Three (3) tables - $45.00
Four (4) tables (SAU only) - $55.00
- No vending is allowed until the vending agreement for 2017-2018 is received. Reservations for each vendor will be done on a first come, first serve basis.
- No more than 2 vendors are allowed in the Student Alumni Union (SAU) on the same day. Vending is held from 8:30am-5:00pm Monday-Friday.
- In the Student Alumni Union, a max of 4 tables per vendor can be reserved at a time. If two vendors are scheduled for the same day, we will allow one larger vendor (3-4 tables) and one smaller vendor (1-2 tables).
- Vendors are not allowed to take tables outside without special permission from the Senior Associate Director/Manager of Campus Life Facilities (585-303-2593).
- Vending reservations are not permitted on weekends or during breaks, and typically not during exam weeks.
Vending Blackout Dates
September 2017: 30
October 2017: 9, 11, 12,13, 14,15
November 2017: 22-24
December 2017: 1, 20-31
January 2018: 1-15, 19, 31
February 2018: 2-4
March 2018: 6, 7, 11-18
April 2018: 7, 10-13, 17-22, 27, 28
No vending after April 28th, 2018
Prohibited Vending Items
The following items may not be sold by vendors:
- Credit Cards
- Candles or other open flame devices
- Incense and potpourri
- Fog machines and similar devices
- Touchier style lamps, including but not limited to those that use halogen, incandescent or fluorescent bulbs
- Energy drinks
Fall Craft Sale Information
The 16th Annual Fall Craft Sale is December 8th, 2017 from 10:00 am to 4:00 pm in the Student Alumni Union. Check back for more information at a later date!