Fall Craft Sale Information
The 15th Annual Fall Craft Sale is December 9th, 2016 from 10:00 am to 4:00 pm in the Student Alumni Union. More information, including how to register, can be found here.
Who Can Vend at RIT?
If you are an RIT faculty, staff or alumni who is interested in vending at RIT, please contact the Graduate Assistant for Vending (email@example.com).
Individual students are not allowed to vend. However, student groups (i.e. clubs, sororities, fraternities etc.) can vend, for the purpose of raising funds for their organization. There is no cost for student groups.
Why Vend at RIT?
Vending at RIT is a great opportunity to sell products and services to potentially thousands of students, faculty and staff members.
There are two locations on campus where vendors are permits to sell. The lobby of the Student Alumni Union (SAU) is our most popular vending location. The SAU is a central place for many campus offices and activities. This is also the location of two cafeterias (Brick City Café, RITZ SportsZone), Ben and Jerry's Ice Cream and Nathan’s Soup and Salad; all popular and busy places for RIT students, faculty and staff. Vending at RIT is a great opportunity to reach a wide range of possible customers.
Grace Watson Hall located on the residential side of campus, is our other vending location. Grace Watson houses the largest dining hall on campus, referred to as Gracie’s, which serves over 1,300 residents.
Cost of Vending at RIT
Vending in the SAU is available from 8:30 AM to 5:00 PM Monday - Friday. Vending in Grace Watson Hall is available each weekday from 8:30 AM to 5:00 PM, but no tables are provided. There are a limited number of spaces so please remember to book early. Payment for vending is payable either prior to vending date or no later than the vending reservation. Acceptable payment methods and can be check, money order or cash. If cash is used, the exact amount must be given.
One (1) table- $50.00
Two (2) tables- $75.00
Three (3) tables- $85.00
Four (4) tables (SAU only)- $100.00
You may reserve tables at a reduced cost. Reserving a table/vending space is only $25 for the first table. Any additional tables (up to a total of three tables) are $10 each.
RIT Staff/Alum/Faculty Vendors
One (1) table- $25.00
Two (2) tables - $35.00
Three (3) tables- $45.00
Four (4) tables (SAU only)- $55.00
- No vending is allowed until vending agreement for 2016-2017 is received. Reservations for each vendor will be done on a first come, first serve basis.
- No more than 2 vendors in the Student Alumni Union (SAU) on the same day. Vending is held from 8:00am-5:00pm Monday-Friday.
- In the Student Alumni Union, a max of 4 tables can be reserved at a time. If two vendors are scheduled for the same day, we will allow one larger vendor (3-4 tables) and one smaller vendor (1-2 tables).
- Only ONE vendor is allowed in Grace Watson Hall at any given time. Vending is allowed from 8:00am-5:00pm Monday-Friday.
- Vendors are not allowed to take tables outside without special permission from the Senior Associate Director/Manager of Campus Life Facilities (585-303-2593).
Vending Blackout Dates
September: 23, 30
October: 1, 2, 10, 12-16
February: 8, 17-19
April: 1, 15, 28-30
May: 6, 11, 18-22
**Spring Break (March 13-17)
**Final Exam Dates: (December 12-16, May 15-19)
Prohibited Vending Items
The following items may not be sold by vendors:
- Credit Cards
- Candles or other open flame devices
- Incense and potpourri
- Fog machines and similar devices
- Touchier style lamps, including but not limited to those that use halogen, incandescent or fluorescent bulbs
- Energy drinks