Recreation: Club Sports
For information on all Campus Life Clubs, click on the following link: http://campuslife.rit.edu/main/clubs/
Club Sports Policies
The following policies are for Student Government Club Sports and other activity clubs that use the indoor and outdoor facilities of the Center for Recreation and Intramurals and the Gordon Field House.
Clubs must meet the following requirements before submitting a reservation request
- Must be recognized as an official club by Campus Life
- Must be in good standing with Campus Life (no holds)
- Note: Deadline for recognition packets is September 30th.
- All liability waivers must be completed at the beginning of each school year and turned in at the Campus Center welcome desk.
- All SG Club Sports are allotted two hours of reserved recreation time per week.
- Once a club has used their reservation quota, the facilities are available on a first come first served basis. (except Martial Arts/Fencing Clubs)
- A club must provide a start and end date for their reservation request.
- During peak hours, when a club does not have a reservation, they cannot monopolize space for more than one hour. This ensures that others have the opportunity to recreate as well.
- Clubs must have at least 10 participants in order to hold a reservation. If turnout is consistently low for a particular club, future reservations for the club will be cancelled.
- For special events (games/tournaments), clubs must reserve space before registering the event with EVR.
Martial Arts / Fencing Clubs
Participation in any martial arts activity, with or without weapons, must take place in the presence of an approved instructor during an activity class or club reservation time. These clubs may not practice without the presence of an approved instructor for their specific club.
Roller Hockey Club
Court 5, in the Student Life Center, is a temporary location in order to accommodate roller hockey reservations. There are several rules that must be followed in order for this to occur. Please contact Brennan Coon for details.
To request space at the SLC, Clark Gym, or outdoor fields:
- Call 585-475-7663
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Visit the SLC Main Office
- Monday 9:00am-4:00pm
- Tuesday 9:00am-6:30pm
- Wednesday 9:00am-6:30pm
- Thursday 9:00am-4:00pm
- Friday 9:00am-4:00pm
- On line requests for special events (not reoccurring practices), can be made by filling out the form at: Special Event Request Form
To request space at the Field House Arena or Aquatics Center:
- Complete an online request at: https://www.rit.edu/fa/fieldhouse/recreation_reservation.php
Guidelines for Facility Availability
The days and times listed below are generally the times that are available for club reservations in a particular location.
|Turf Field||Friday||8pm - 11pm|
|Saturday||Noon - 11pm|
|Sunday (durning week 1 & 2 of each quarter only)||Noon - 11pm|
|Student Life Center||Monday - Friday||6am - 11pm (with limited time before 6pm)|
|Saturday||8am - 11pm|
|Sunday||10am - 11pm|
|Clark & Auxiliary Gyms||Monday - Friday||8:30pm - 10:30pm|
|Saturday||Noon - 11pm (by special request, staff charges may apply)|
|Sunday||Noon - 11pm (by special request, staff charges may apply)|
Club Sports and Intramural Participation
If a sport is played at both the intramural and club level, no more than two club members are allowed on an intramural team.
Non-RIT Participation in Club Sports Activities
Regular Practices and Meetings
A non-RIT student may be sponsored by an RIT club member as a guest 5 times or less during a quarter by purchasing a $5 guest pass.
If a non-RIT student plans on visiting more than 5 times to practice with a particular club, they may purchase a Recreation club membership for a discounted price of $55 per quarter. In order to receive this discounted membership, the current RIT club president must submit a written request to the SLC Main Office along with payment. This membership will only grant access to an individual during official club reservation times. Once a person purchases a membership, their name will be placed on a list. Each person will need to provide a photo ID in order to verify who they are and gain access to the facility.
Non-RIT club members cannot sponsor someone else.
Club Sports Special Events
Students from other schools who participate in RIT Club Sports events (such as volleyball tournaments, swing dances, etc.) would not be required to pay the guest fee. However, the event must be registered with EVR. Also, an RIT member of the club would need to monitor the facility/field entrance in order to verify who is participating in the event and collect all event fees.
Club Sports: Advisors / Instructors / Coaches
We are happy to grant a free "Friend of the Institute" Recreation membership to advisors, instructors, or coaches who are not affiliated with RIT, but are volunteering their time to help improve the function of these clubs. The Club Administration Coordinator and the Club Sports Coordinator must approve these individuals in advance and inform the SLC Main Office of the agreement. The free membership is only valid during the quarters in which they are actively participating with the club. As a "Friend of the Institute" they may not sponsor others for a membership.