Use the Test Center
The Test Center is located within the Disability Services Office:
Student Alumni Union (SAU) room 1150
This is on the first floor, across from the dining area of the Brick City Cafeteria
Test Center Hours:
Weeks 1-3: Monday - Friday 8:00am - 4:30pm
Remaining weeks*: Monday - Friday 8:00am - 6:00pm
Summer term: Monday-Friday 8:00am-4:30pm
*Open extended hours during exam week.
AT THE BEGINNING OF THE SEMESTER:
Meet with each professor to clarify plans for using your testing accomodations in each class.
IN ADVANCE OF EACH TEST:
- Let your professor know that you plan to use the test center – agree on a date and time that’s within test center hours (listed below).
- Make your request for use of the test center - use the online request form (under the “For Students” tab below), a paper request form (located outside our office), or make your request in person at our office.
- Give your professor a test envelope so your test can be delivered to us.
- Arrive on time to take your test
Please note - it is not reasonable to expect arrangements to be made the day of the test.
Students should use this form to request the use of the Test Center.
Having problems with the forms?
Contact Alyson Jones at 585-475-2023; firstname.lastname@example.org
Disability Services Office staff:
Staff and Financial Assistant: Alyson Jones: 585-475-2023 email@example.com
Coordinator of Academic Accommodations: Shelley Zoeke: 585-475-5538 firstname.lastname@example.org
Disability Services Director: Susan Ackerman: 585-475-6988 email@example.com
College Drop Points for Test Envelopes:
SCB: (LOW 12-A300)
CIAS: (BOO 7A-2512)
KGCOE: (GLE 09-3203)
GCCIS: (GOL 70-1013)
CLA: (LBR 06-2210)
NTID: (LBJ 60-2850)
COS: (GOS 08-1130)
CAST: Faculty/Staff generally deliver and pick up exams at DSO
GIS: (GOL 1013)
CHST: (CBT 1118)
Use of the Test Center:
Some students with disabilities take their tests and exams in the Disability Services Office (DSO) test center in order to make use of their recommended accommodations. Students are also able to make arrangements with their faculty to take tests with accommodations in their classrooms when able and/or desired.
If a student uses the test center, arrangements must be made for delivery of the test to DSO and faculty receipt of the completed test.
Delivery of the test to DSO
Use of the test envelope
- The student will give you a test envelope: provide information on the right side of the envelope, including contact information and return instructions.
- Submit the envelope containing the test to the test center by dropping it off at the DSO test center in Student Alumni Union room 1150 or using the assigned drop-box for your college (listed on the envelope and above on this page). The test center requests receipt of test at least 1 day in advance of testing.
Use of electronic delivery
- Faculty can email tests to our office email address, firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include the necessary test administration information.
Receipt of completed test
Upon completion of the test, DSO will follow the “delivery option” you selected on the test envelope, to include:
- Delivering it to the College Drop Point
- Scanning and emailing it to you.
- Keeping the test until you pick it up
- Having the student return it to you