Country of Citizenship
Major (Please list complete name):
Your current GPA:
Have you ever been involved in a college judicial action?
If yes, please explain the situation and any sanction imposed:
Do you use Interpreting Services?
Will you be applying for a co-op in 2123?
Will you be applying for a co-op in 2124?
Will you be applying for co-op in 2131?
Are you also applying to be an Orientation Assistant (OA) or Resident Assistant (RA)
Will you be available to attend occasional PAL meetings during spring term?
Will you be available during the summer to answer e-mails from international students?
Will you be staying in Rochester, NY during summer term?
PALs are required to attend mandatory training August 15 - 17, 2013, as well as the 3-day International Student Orientation August 18 - 20. PALS may also be assigned duties during the Week of Welcome (August 18 – August 25) and will be asked to volunteer for 1-2 events during the Fall term.
Do you anticipate any conflicts with these dates?
If yes, please explain:
1. Why are you interested in the PAL position?
2. What do you see as a major challenge facing today's first-year students in the university setting?
How can you prepare them for this challenge?
3. What qualities do you think a mentor should have? Why?
4. Applicants must realize that both students and faculty regard Peer Advisor Leaders as role models, both on and off campus. How do you anticipate handling the responsibility of being a role model? Please be specific.
5. The International Orientation experience can be physically and mentally challenging, and at times stressful. What do you do to keep your emotions in check and stay motivated?
6. Give an example of when you had to work or live with someone who was difficult to get along with.
How did you handle it?
7. Why would you be a good addition to the PAL team? What specifically would you contribute?
Please list the names and contact information for two references. Please note that one reference must be from a faculty/staff member on the RIT campus. The other reference should be someone who can speak to your qualifications as a potential RIT student leader
(your name) understand that by signing this form, I declare all information given to be accurate and complete, and that I have read and understand the GA job posting. I also give the International Student Services permission to verify my employment eligibility, GPA and student conduct record. In addition, I give the ISS permission to post my name, e-mail address, photo and major on the ISS web site.