All full and part-time international undergraduate and graduate
students on A, B, E, F, G, I, J, K, O, Q, R and V visas registered
at RIT will be automatically enrolled in the RIT Basic Student
Accident and Sickness Insurance Policy unless other wise exempted
What this means to you:
- You will be automatically enrolled in RIT's student Accident
and Sickness insurance plan upon your active registration.
Your coverage will be activated by your registration status
on a semi-annual basis and you will be billed on your student
- The insurance plan coverage will include benefits for
medical evacuation and repatriation.
- Eligible international students who enter RIT under sponsored
programs that include qualified medical insurance will be
exempted from maintaining RIT's insurance. RIT's Undergraduate
Admissions & Graduate Enrollment Services Offices will
flag those exempted students and they will not
automatically be enrolled in the plan.
- Students exempted from automatic enrollment may enroll
in the plan on a voluntary basis. A manual
enrollment form is available for exempted individuals
who wish to enroll in the plan. the cost of enrollment is
listed on the enrollment form.
- If you are insured under the 2011-12 RIT Student Accident and Sickness Insurance Plan and your eligibility ends due to graduation or otherwise leaving school, you may be eligible for continuing coverage. Details and Enrollment Form.
A description of the RIT Student Sickness/Accident plan benefits
can be viewed at http://www.universityhealthplans.com.
The following are some other companies offering student health insurance:
Information on property insurance and dental insurance for students is available on RIT's Global Risk Management Services website.