Table of Contents
The Leadership Scholars are a team of students who work alongside staff in the office to develop and implement programs and services for the RIT community. These paid positions require a greater level of commitment to the office and its mission, a desire to work in a fast-paced (and fun) environment and, a willingness to prioritize the position among the top one or two co-curricular involvements.
- 7 office hours per week;
- Develop and implement the social justice and leadership engagement missions of both your program and the CLCE at large;
- Attend trainings at the start of each semester;
- Attend a weekly team meeting;
- Attend and support Center-wide initiatives such as Into the ROC, the annual Leadership Conference, and the Community Service Fair;
- Engage actively in student leadership programming facilitated by CLCE senior staff.
Into the ROC
- Plan and implement community service and cultural events off-campus each semester including outreach to community partners, site vetting and selection, participant recruitment, and managing logistics for multiple trips.
ROAR the Vote
- Manage the development and implementation of civic and voter engagement programs throughout the year including voter registration, non-partisan voter education, and turn-out efforts when necessary.
Alternative Spring Break
- Organize and implement RIT’s signature Alternative Breaks programs including coordinating with community-partner sites nationwide, recruiting and mentoring a team of students, and overseeing individual trip logisitics.
- Support the planning and implementation of leadership programming including, but not limited to, the annual leadership conference, a leadership development program, and the Emerging Professionals Leadership Series.
- Develop social media content for CLCE events and help tell the story of the CLCE generally and individual programs specifically through creative and engaging photography, videography, and visual advertising.
- Into the ROC, ROAR the Vote, Leadership, and Marketing: $1800 stipend/$600 incentive
- Alternative Spring Break: $1800 stipend/ASB Scholarship valued at $600
Apply Today 2017-18 Academic Year Positions