Six Sigma Retreat
Six Sigma is a strategy to reduce defects or waste within a product, process or service within any industry. Therefore, Six Sigma Leadership provides the high level vision, instruction, inspiration and support to team members - positively impacting an organization's bottom line. The white-belt certificate awarded to students who complete the program will signify that the student has achieved a leader's awareness of crucial knowledge, tools and skills used in Six Sigma corporate efforts.
Each student will be able to:
- Identify seven Six Sigma Leadership characteristics
- Immediately apply the skills practiced in the program
The Six Sigma Retreat is offered twice annually: fall & spring. Space is limted.
Ready for the next step? The Center for Quality and Applied Statistics in the Kate Gleason College of Engineering offers yellow, green and black belts for students.
Emerging Professionals Institute
In today's competitive job market, employers are looking for candidates that are not only competent in their area of study, but also are effective team members and are able to successfully navigate organizational culture. The Center for Leadership and Civic Engagement is hosting the Emerging Professionals Institute (EPI) - a two-day leadership experience - focusing on these two very important competencies.
Speakers for this event include:
- Manny Contomanolis: Senior Associate Vice President and Director, RIT Office of Career Services and Cooperative Education
- Jennifer Green-Wilson '97: Leadership Consulant, Institute for Business Literacy and Leadership
- Marc Goldman: Associate Director, RIT Center for Residence Life