New Student Orientation is a series of events, activities, and opportunities developed to assist students, both first-year and transfer, and their families in transitioning to life at RIT. We offer:
- New Student Orientation twice per academic year; a five-day program in August prior to the start of fall courses.
- Spring Orientation, two days of events, activities, and opportunities in January to get to know RIT and other new students.
- DiscoveRIT, which is an assortment of optional pre-orientation programs for incoming first-year and transfer students.
- Tiger Transitions, which aids and supports new students in their transition during their first 35 days at RIT.
Move-in day for First-Year Students for Fall 2018 is Tuesday, August 21, 2018.
Fall semester classes will begin on August 27.
Parents & Families
RIT also offers on-campus and online orientation for parents and family members, as they are critical partners in the development and well-being of their students. RIT’s Parent and Family Programs office provides programming, communications, and support to parents and families of RIT students.
NTID's orientation program , the Summer Vestibule Program (SVP)
if you are a BS seeking Deaf or Hard-of-Hearing student youwill move in on August 13th in order to attend a special day-long Summer Vestibule Program (SVP) designed just for you.
New Student Orientation is committed to providing programs and resources that welcome new students to our community. We strive to create an inclusive environment that encourages academic success, connections to others, and a sense of belonging within the RIT Tiger Family.
Statement of Values
- Helping students find and establish their place within the RIT community.
- Creating a caring environment where students can thrive.
- Promoting the development of the self-awareness and self-advocacy by identifying the necessary skills for success.
- Encouraging an inclusive environment where students respect and appreciate one another.
- Providing the foundation of exploration for students' holistic development.