Freshman Orientation is five days of events, activities, and opportunities to get to know RIT and other new students. This comprehensive program is not to be missed! When Orientation is over:
- You will have new friends
- You will know most of RIT’s quirky lingo
- You will have learned some American Sign Language
- You will have more brown and orange clothing in your closet
- You will understand the huge sculpture in front of the Student Alumni Union
- You will have figured out where to get a great cup of coffee
- You will have had the chance to go rock climbing, ice skating, or dancing
- You will know where to go if you have a cold, a financial aid question, or a sweet tooth
Move-in day for Freshman Orientation for Fall, 2014 is Tuesday, August 19, 2014. Fall semester classes will begin on August 25. The Freshman New Student Orientation schedule from 2013 is available for your review, the schedule for 2014 will be available in late June of 2014.
Are you looking for information about NTID's orientation program, the Summer Vestibule Program (SVP)? Find it here!
Each new student is assessed an all-inclusive Orientation fee. This mandatory fee will appear on your fall term tuition bill and is charged to you even if you do not attend Orientation. The fee covers all of the materials, mailings, administration, and activities associated with New Student Orientation for students and families.