Your student isn’t the only one making a transition – we know that you are there to support him/her in this adventure but that you may also need support and access to resources. We have designed a two-day program to provide everything you need to become a member of the Tiger family and feel confident that your student will be in good hands.
Move-in day for freshmen and transfer students is Tuesday, August 18, 2015 and the orientation program for families will take place the evening of the 18th and during the day on Wednesday, August 19th. Your student will be busy with other activities while you are participating in family orientation; you should plan accordingly should you need to run errands, make deliveries, etc. Not sure of your student's move-in time or what to expect when moving into the residence halls? Check out the Fall Arrival Guide that pertains to your student.
Among the many highlights of the family program:
- Meeting with the Dean and/or faculty and staff from your student's college/program
- Learning the ins and outs of student employment, finanical aid, and student accounts
- Gathering information about what we do to keep your student safe, secure, and healthy
- Mingling with RIT's President, Dr. William Destler
- Watching your student participate in the Tiger Walk (being cheered on by faculty, staff, RITchie, and the RIT Pep Band!)
- Participating in the annual Convocation for New Students and Families (which is the official kickoff to the academic year!)
- Tiger Eat and Greet at the Polisseni Center - fun for the whole family. Tickets available now!