New Student Orientation is a series of events, activities, and opportunities developed to assist students, both first-year and transfer, and their families in transitioning to life at RIT. We offer New Student Orientation twice per academic year; a five-day program in August prior to the start of fall courses and a two-day program in January prior to the start of spring courses for new incoming and transfer students. After participating in New Student Orientation, students will be able to:
- Complete necessary tasks in preparation for being an RIT student
- Locate and utilize campus resources
- Establish personal and professional connections with RIT students, faculty & staff
- Identify opportunities to get involved in the campus community
To assist you with getting ready for your first year at RIT, we have created a New Student Checklist that will help you prepare everything you need to be ready to being your time as an RIT student. Are you looking for information about NTID's orientation program, the Summer Vestibule Program (SVP)? Find it here! If you are a BS seeking Deaf or Hard-of-Hearing student you will move in on Tuesday, August 21, 2018 in order to attend a special day-long program on Wednesday, August 22, 2018 designed just for you.
* Each new undergraduate student is assessed an all-inclusive Orientation fee. This mandatory fee will appear on your fall term tuition bill and is charged to you even if you do not attend Orientation. The fee covers all of the materials, mailings, administration, and activities associated with New Student Orientation for students and families.