RIT Orientation Handbook Cover Contest
Calling all RIT artists...
You could win an awesome prize* by entering our New Student Survival Guide Cover Contest, cosponsored by The Art Store. Your design could be in the hands of 3,500 new students!
- First Prize: $250 to Barnes & Noble
- Second Prize: $125 to Barnes & Noble
- Third Prize: $75 to Barnes & Noble
We need a fantastic new cover for the 2015–2016 RIT Orientation Handbook. This is THE guide for families RIT! Every incoming freshman and transfer student’s families will receive this handbook containing all the essential information about popular RIT events, getting started, academic matters, student affairs matters, and more. Cover specs and instructions are outlined below.
- Eligible contestants are current RIT students only.
- Document size: 7”h x 18"L (front cover and back cover) (also sized to 11” x 8.5” for Family Calendar)
- This includes the front, back, and spine
- Bleeds: .125”
- Include RIT orange and brown:
- RIT Orange RIT Brown
- Pantone 165 (on coated) or Pantone 476 (coated or uncoated)
- Pantone 021 (on uncoated) CMYK: C0, M60, Y70, K85 (on coated only)
- CMYK: C0, M64, Y100, K0 Hex #513127
- Hex #F36E21
- All artwork/photography must be original and copyright free.
- Must adhere to RIT University Publication standards.
- Include only approved RIT logos.
- Include text: Rochester Institute of Technology 2015-2016
- Final files should be packaged/compressed and include any/all files (if applicable) photos, fonts, artwork, and logs. Included files should be in CMYK color mode. High resolution is preferred.
- Winning design becomes the property of New Student Orientation.
- Collaborations are welcomed. Prize will have to be split/shared by the collaborating winners (New Student Orientation cannot split the prize).
- First, second, and third place winners will be selected by the New Student Orientation Team.
- Winner(s) will be notified by March 24, 2015. Winner(s) will be cited in the final publication, which will be released in summer 2015.
- View a PDF of last year’s Guide cover converted to calendar cover here
- Contact us with any questions. Hannah Ramsey - email@example.com - 475-7305
- We look forward to receiving your cover design!
Submissions are due March 18, 2015