Spring Orientation is two days of events, activities, and opportunities to get to know RIT and other new students. This comprehensive program is not to be missed! When Orientation is over:
- You will have new friends
- You will know most of RIT’s quirky lingo
- You will have learned some American Sign Language
- You will have more brown and orange clothing in your closet
- You will understand the huge sculpture in front of the Student Alumni Union
- You will have figured out where to get a great cup of coffee
- You will have had the chance to go to an RIT Tigers hockey game
- You will know where to go if you have a cold, a financial aid question, or a sweet tooth
Move-in Day for Spring 2016 will be Thursday, January 21, 2016. Please review the move-in guide for students living on campus (residence halls or apartments) or at the RIT Inn if you are living in either of those locations.
Spring Welcome is January 21-22 and registration is required. Registration is open here.
You will receive your final schedule when you check in for orientation on January 21.
For first-year students, this orientation program is mandatory. If you are a transfer student this program is optional, however, it is in your best interest to get involved, learn all you can about RIT’s resources and services, and make connections with staff, faculty, and other students.