Issue #20– October 17, 2011
by: Lynn B. Daley - Director of Business Continuity
RIT ALERT - Are You Prepared?
RIT Alert is the university’s emergency mass notification system. In the event of a campus emergency, RIT Alert will send urgent messages via:
- Instant message (AOL, MSN and Yahoo)
- Text message (SMS) to mobile devices
- Voice message (mobile or land-line)
- E-mail (RIT official mail)
It is important that you make sure your contact information is in the Student Information System in order for you to receive emergency notifications.
1. Connect to http://infocenter.rit.edu
2. Select the “Student Info System” link
3. In SIS, click on the “Address” tab
4. Click on the “RIT Alert” tab
5. Add or update cell phones and instant message information.
Be on Alert … Don’t be Surprised
For more articles from this issue, click here