Issue #3– November 10, 2006
Overwhelmed By Debt?
by: Jon Karafin
Ask yourself the following questions:
- Are your expenses greater than your income?
- Are you transferring balances from one credit card to another too often and not paying down the balances?
- Are you taking out personal loans to make bill payments?
- Are you trying to use quick loan or quick cash services to get money?
- Are you paying a lot of late fees or late payments?
If you answered YES to any of these, you may be heading for financial trouble!
WHERE TO GO FOR HELP:
- Consumer Credit Counseling Service offers free budget counseling as well as debt-consolidation services and community education programs. There are 18 locations in the Rochester area. 585-546-3440.
- The National Association of Personal Financial Advisors offers referrals to fee-only comprehensive financial advisers: www.napfa.org/consumer/planners
For more articles from this issue, click here