Currently, I am looking over the publications in the RIT DML and creating pages based off of information from them.--Richard Latham 10:11, 28 June 2014 (EDT)
Tiger Pride Team Attendance
Hey, once you've logged in, post here so I know that you've logged in successfully. Please sign your name with four tildae (~~~~). All you have to do is type some message after mine, then end it with ~~~~. MediaWiki will automatically replace the tildae with your username and the time of the post. Thanks! Kmh2039 21:50, 29 September 2009 (UTC)
I hope I've done this right. I look forward to seeing what is created. Cmsldc 23:07, 29 September 2009 (UTC)
You should not include the nowiki tags; they were just there to demonstrate. Just the tildae. I fixed your signature for you, though Kmh2039 23:28, 29 September 2009 (UTC)
Good job kari!Pxs4462 12:34, 30 September 2009 (UTC)
Lets get started people..inputs essential/required Pxs4462 12:38, 30 September 2009 (UTC)
I logged in successfully, let's see how good we can make this Wiki Rel5224 02:54, 21 October 2009 (UTC)
Tiger Pride Wiki Project
So... The wiki is finally up. Let's start developing this skeleton, shall we? Where should we start? Kmh2039 21:50, 29 September 2009 (UTC)
So here's my thoughts for an overall skeleton. Note that individual articles can be under more than one category. (e.g. Carleton Gibson would be both under People and History)
- General Reference
- Campus Directory
- School of Film and Animation, School of Information Sciences, etc.
- Department of Electrical, Computer and Telecommunications Engineering Technology, Department of Hospitality and Service Management, etc.
- Academic Programs
- Economics, Fine Arts, etc.
- Ethics in the Information Age, Strategy and Policy, etc.
- The Sentinel, Sundial, etc.
- RIT slang
- Javas, etc.
- RIT rumors
- Building 1's 8th floor, Tunnels under the quarter mile.
- Deaf culture
- Building 1, Grace Watson, etc.
- Housing Operations, Center for Campus Life, etc.
- Outdoor Areas
- Greek Lawn, Infinity Quad, etc.
- Maps from FMS, links to floor plans, etc.
- SAU tunnels, Residence hall tunnels, etc.
- Food Locations
- Dining Services
- Dining Commons, The Ritz, etc.
- Lovin' Cup, Happy Wok
- Computer Labs
- NRH Lab, NTID Learning Center, etc.
- World War I, Merger of RA and MI, etc.
- Gibson presidency, Ellingson presidency, etc.
- Distinguished Alumni
- Students (maybe)
- Bill Destler, Mary Beth Cooper, etc.
- Governance Bodies
- Board of Trustees, Institute Council, etc.
- Athletic Teams
- Men's Hockey, Women's Lacrosse, etc.
- Student Organizations
- Major Student Organizations
- Student Government, Global Union, etc.
- Taekwondo Club, NTID Computer Club, etc.
- Fraternities and Sororities
- Kappa Delta Rho, Alpha Sigma Alpha, etc.
- Unrecognized Student Groups
- Claw and Compass, Corner Crew etc.
- Header Templates, Infoboxes, etc.
- Templates to list related articles
- Notices, Warnings, etc.
- Policies and Guidelines
- Any policies or guidelines we adopt
So what do you think Pallavi? Anyone? Kmh2039 11:41, 1 October 2009 (UTC)
Few things: 1. As discussed we have to make sure we are not duplicating the official rit website. Instead we need to make it interactive. I think the structure you made is good we just need to organize the order a little.
2. So more on the line of sections such as:
- Trivia Questions(pertaining to the history)
- Fact of the day (pertaining to some exciting news on campus)
- Eating/hanging spots
- Organization platter:Student Government pics
- Photos:picture of the day
- RIT from your angle(a photography competition)
- Discussion Board (Ask questions)
3. Again many if the things like the trivia etc is already on the website-tiger bytes so we dont have to spend too much time collecting any info.
4. As the background of the site - I have a cool tiger picture which I would like to get uploaded.
5. A first year student might me assisting us with the pictures etc on the site.
6. Can you change the TigerBytes wiki project to Tiger Pride wiki project. Thanks
Let me know what you all think about it.
Great work kari.Pxs4462 13:53, 1 October 2009 (UTC)
- Regarding #1: I believe our role is to supplement, not duplicate or replace. I do believe, though, that some duplication is necessary in the pursuit of that goal.
- Regarding #2/#3: I think those things should be included, but as a road into a broader depth of information. Wikis thrive on having broad (albeit not unlimited) scope.
- Regarding #4: Modifications to the skin have to be done administratively. Can you send it to me?
- Regarding #6: I did it, but you could do it yourself as well.
Kmh2039 14:31, 1 October 2009 (UTC)
I would still like to limit too much of information on stuff which is already there. Preferably just a brief mention will be fine. I would like to discuss each of the points in the skin. Add/delete some stuff. Can you show me how to work on it from the staging area to production area(again if that what its called)? Pxs4462 13:24, 5 October 2009 (UTC)
- General Reference
- Map of RIT
- Calendar of main events
- Pictures of the school/links to colleges and schools (nothing more)
- Cultures(pretty good as above)
- Places(good as above)
- Trivia Questions
- People(ok as above)
- Rest down is fine
- New at RIT in general
- in schools/colleges
- RIT from your angle
- picture competition
- Scavenger hunt
- from one place to another
Pxs4462 13:46, 5 October 2009 (UTC)
I think rest all looks good..Lets start putting things at place. I will get the pics very soon and will forward them.Pxs4462 13:49, 5 October 2009 (UTC)