The CRP application process
There is specific eligibility the student must meet in order to participate in CRP:
- An online referral must be submitted from their academic department
- An online application must be submitted by the student
- Their RIT account must be free of financial, health & disciplinary “holds.”
- Students are not allowed to have any “incomplete,” “I” grades on their official academic transcripts
- Eligible students are accepted on a case-by-case basis for up to 75 students.
CRP Mentoring Component
Each CRP student is assigned a mentor. Mentors and students meet weekly to discuss progress and concerns. The mentor serves primarily as an academic advisor; however personal issues which impact academic performance are often raised. The mentor receives information from both the CRP and credit course instructors throughout the term. He/she is responsible for writing their mentee’s Mid-Term Grade Report and Final Grade Report that includes recommendations for the following term.
Upon successful completion of CRP, students apply for readmission to the college or academic department of their choice.