- RIT is a learning community where time,
energy and resources are directed toward learning
and personal development.
- Members of the community live and work together to foster their own learning, as well as the learning of others, both in and outside the classroom.
- Within the community, members hold themselves and each other to high standards of personal integrity and responsibility.
- Individual members continually strive to exceed their personal best in academic performance and the development of interpersonal and professional skills and attributes.
- As a member of the community, each person continually conducts himself/herself in a manner that reflects thoughtful, civil, sober and considerate behavior.
- As a member of the community, each person respects the dignity of all persons and acts to protect and safeguard the well being and property of others.
- As a member of the community, each individual contributes to the continued advancement and support of the community, personally challenging behavior that is contrary to the welfare of others.
- Members of the community create a campus culture that values diversity and discourages bigotry, while striving to learn from individual differences.
Approved by Institute Council - 2/11/98