The SHC offers some on-site lab tests such as:
- Rapid strep test
- Rapid mono test
- Urine pregnancy test
- Blood sugar
- Rapid HIV Antibody
There is a nominal charge due at the time of service for some lab tests done on-site. All other laboratory specimens are sent out to a commercial lab. The student has the option to self-pay or have the lab fee billed to his/her insurance company.
Students whose medical provider outside the SHC orders a lab test can have samples (blood, urine, etc.) collected at the SHC and sent to an outside lab.
- Obtain a written request from the medical provider specifying the test name(s) and including the relevant diagnosis code(s).
- Bring the request to the SHC or have the provider fax it to us at (585) 475-7788.
- Make an appointment to review the requested test(s) with a SHC clinician and have the sample collected.
- Sign a Release of Information Form to allow the SHC to forward the results to the ordering clinician.
- The SHC clinician will notify the student and the clinician of the test results when they are available.
During the time of the visit, the medical provider will let the student know approximately when results should be available.
The SHC does not send confidential medical information (such as test results) via regular e-mail. Test results are communicated to students by:
- Follow-up appointment to review results in person.
- Secure message using the SHC Portal. Students will receive a regular RIT e-mail with a notice of a secure message and information detailing how to access the portal.