© 2011 Student Learning Support & Assessment
Rochester Institute of Technology
- Must be one of the following:
- First generation college student (neither parent has completed a bachelor.s degree).
- Low income college students (150% of the poverty level) http://www2.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ope/trio/incomelevels.html
- Disabled college student (registered with Disability Services Office);
- Must be an undergraduate student matriculated in a bachelor.s degree program and
- A U.S. citizen or non-citizen eligible for financial aid
- Demonstrate academic need
- Membership is determined by a TRiO SSS staff member after application and intake process is completed.
How to Become a Member
- Complete an application either online or stop by the office to complete a paper application.
- Meet with a TRiO staff member for a program intake. There are open office hours daily to accommodate these appointments. If you complete an online application, a staff member will contact you for an appointment.
- Within 48 hours of the intake meeting, you will be contacted by a staff member about the status of your application.
- If you qualify, you will begin working with your support specialist immediately.
- If you are not accepted into the program, we will work with you to find other appropriate campus resources.