The Center for Women and Gender is a Safe Zone and provides a welcoming environment. Our services are available to gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender and questioning members of the community.
There are a number of resources on and off campus specifically for the GLBT community. On campus resources include:
- Q Center – The RIT Q Center is located in the lower level of the SAU, room A530. The Q Center is open Monday through Friday 9:30 am till 5:30 pm. The website is: http://campuslife.rit.edu/QCENTER/
- OUTspoken – OUTspoken provides representation for the GLBT community within RIT's Student Government and aims to educate and advocate for the GLBT community on campus.
- ritGA – RIT Gay Alliance is a social organization that meets regularly. More information can be found in the GLBT Center and on their website.
- Spectrum – Spectrum is a student organization for members of the deaf and GLBT communities.
- Tangent – Tangent is the Transgender Network at RIT. Tangent aims to be a forum for transgender, genderqueer, and non binary members of the RIT community.
- LABRYS Women's Alliance – A safe space for all queer-identified women to meet, discuss and hang out. There are weekly meetings, usually discussion or activity-based. Labrys Women's Alliance is dedicated to creating a fun, safe environment for queer female-identified people.