Boundaries And Consent
- For many young people, sexuality may be new and uncharted territory. In an effort to find out who we are as sexual beings, we experiment and make connections with others.
- It is important to remember that a sexual encounter can be difficult to manage.
- Do you know how to communicate during a sexual encounter? How does one go about reading the signals sent by the other person?
- Are a clearly communicated "yes" or "no" the only thing to listen or watch for?
- Sexuality is mature subject matter. Are you ready for it?
- Knowing how to communicate what you want and don’t want is the first step to becoming sexually active.
- Knowing how to listen and accept what a sexual partner wants and doesn’t want is equally important!
- So, are you ready? For help, support, and/or consultation, see a staff member at the Center for Women and Gender.
- What does it mean to be male or female? Man or Woman? Masculine or Feminine?
- What if you don’t agree with the roles assigned to either men or women? What does this mean?
- Gender identity refers to one’s view of themselves as male or female or any mix of the two. In some cases, a person may not view themselves as male or female at all.