Boundaries And Consent
- For many young people, sexuality may be new and uncharted territory. In an effort to find out who we are as sexual beings, we experiment and make connections with others.
- It is important to remember that a sexual encounter can be difficult to manage.
- Do you know how to communicate during a sexual encounter? How does one go about reading the signals sent by the other person?
- Are a clearly communicated "yes" or "no" the only thing to listen or watch for?
- Sexuality is mature subject matter. Are you ready for it?
- Knowing how to communicate what you want and don’t want is the first step to becoming sexually active.
- Knowing how to listen and accept what a sexual partner wants and doesn’t want is equally important!
- So, are you ready? For help, support, and/or consultation, see a staff member at the Center for Women and Gender.
- What does it mean to be male or female? Man or Woman? Masculine or Feminine?
- What if you don’t agree with the roles assigned to either men or women? What does this mean?
- Gender identity refers to one’s view of themselves as male or female or any mix of the two. In some cases, a person may not view themselves as male or female at all.
If You Are Pregnant...
The Center for Women and Gender provides confidential services for students dealing with pregnancy. These services include crisis intervention, individual support, educational information, resource materials, and referrals to on and off campus resources no matter what you decide to do.
Maintaining a balance dealing with the emotional, spiritual, academic, and health issues during a pregnancy can be very challenging. Each student’s needs are different. These needs may include pregnancy testing, information about options to consider, counseling (individually or couple), information about contraception, prenatal care, financial planning, information about child care availability, parenting education and housing options.
If you or your partner is pregnant and you have any questions or concerns, come see us.