Thoughts from Megan by Megan Karpie

Posted on March 29, 2015 at 10:57 PM

This run has been an amazing journey and I have seen so much along the way and during these 8 days I have noticed a change in my perspective on life. I consider myself a pretty positive person. But often times I look at the realities of life and society as a whole, and I see a lot of negative feelings related to people. So much of the news these days targets the negatives of society, and the more positive stories get pushed to the wayside. But this run has given me hope and faith in society.

Along our week long journey, the amount of people who have showed their support, or given a lending hand without even knowing us has been remarkable. People have been cheering for us as they drive by, colleges have dropped everything to provide meals, showers, and their facilities to us without asking for anything in return. Today, as the chase van was following the runner, a cop pulled us over which does happen from time to time. At first we were apprehensive, but he pulled out 2 cases of water for us saying he had seen us earlier in the day and thought we could use more water. It is acts of kindness like this that has restored my faith and outlook.

It becomes all too easy to look at the negatives and the faults in the world, but that is because you choose to look at the world through that particular lens. I say let's change that! If we all just open our eyes more, we can see the good in the world and see how kind people can all be. This trip has been mentally and physically challenging, but as I opened my eyes to a new world around me, I see how much good really exists around us.There are so many good people in the world, and the simple actions of others can make a difference. No matter how small the deed.

Also follow our progress on social media!

Coming Soon

Keep your eyes open for a photo gallery, which should be available early this week. Alex Shipman has been documenting the trip with photographs of our progress, so be sure to check back!