Update 2 by Kaylin Beiter

Posted on March 23, 2015 at 3:36 PM

Another update from Georgia! Last night we went through Atlanta; RV2 did most of the running through the actual metropolitan areas, and ran some pretty quick legs in the city. Aidan ran with several of the girls for safety purposes, which was very helpful. RV 1 has had some technology snafus with our mapping software, and so we played catch-up during the late hours to find the hand off zones at the edge of the city. We made it in the nick of time!

Brenau welcomed the runners around 9:30 am with showers and a meal, and we had our first set of real fans come out to cheer us on! It was fantastic! Danielle and I ran our legs out of the town and then took an RV down to University of Georgia to pick up another meal. Our bulldog hosts were pleasant and friendly. Their campus was beautiful; one thing I can’t get over is the amount of outdoor pools that exist at all of these schools’ athletics facilities. On the way back to meet up with everyone we picked flowers on the side of the road at a stoplight to brighten up this rainy day.

As time has gone on we’ve encountered a number of dogs, one of which Rachel was especially attached to. It will be nice when we are home to see all of our beloved pets…. And I guess family and friends too ;-)

Today’s pretty consistently exciting; we’ll be crossing another state line into South Carolina later this afternoon and then running into Clemson this evening. The running has gotten hillier but the scenery is enjoyable (I especially like how red the clay makes soil here; it’s like we’re on the set of Gone with the Wind). We’re starting to figure out the best sleep rhythms so that things go smoothly. For today we all took lots of naps; quite different from yesterdays excited insomnia. Stay tuned to our social media pages for the latest updates!

Kaylin

Also follow our progress on social media!

Coming Soon

Keep your eyes open for a photo gallery, which should be available early this week. Alex Shipman has been documenting the trip with photographs of our progress, so be sure to check back!