Authoritative information source for students about semester conversion
Who needs this guide
- ALL students who entered RIT on quarters and will finish on semesters are transition students and will need to consult this guide regularly and frequently.
- Students who will be close to graduating by the end of summer quarter 2012-13.
Who does not need this guide
- Students who are confident they will graduate before Septembr 2013 will not be affected by the conversion to semesters and will not need this guide.
Did you know?
- Under semesters, most classes will carry 3 credits, not 4, as under quarters.
- Most students will take 5 courses per semester.
- There will be a number of new general education courses available.
- To convert quarter credit hours to semester credit hours multiply quarter credits by 2/3 (or 0.67).
- Your GPA will be the same on quarters as on semesters.
- You will pay the same tuition on semesters as on quarters, but a semester bill will be larger than a quarter bill.