Recreation: Club Sports
For information on all Campus Life Clubs, click on the following link: https://www.rit.edu/studentaffairs/campuslife/
Club Sports Policies
The following policies are for Student Government Club Sports and other activity clubs that use the indoor and outdoor recreation facilities.
Clubs must meet the following requirements before submitting a reservation request
- Must be recognized as an official club by Center for Campus Life.
- Must be in good standing with Center for Campus Life (no holds).
- All liability waivers and recognition packets must be completed at the beginning of each school year and turned in at the Campus Center welcome desk.
- All Student Government Club Sports are allotted two hours of reserved recreation time per week.
- Once a club has used their reservation quota, the facilities are available on a first come first served basis.
- A club must provide a start and end date for their reservation request.
- During peak hours, when a club does not have a reservation, they cannot monopolize space for more than one hour. This ensures that others have the opportunity to recreate as well.
- Clubs must have at least 10 participants in order to hold a reservation. If turnout is consistently low for a particular club, future reservations for the club will be cancelled.
- For special events (games/tournaments), clubs must request space at least 10 business days in advance via the RIT Reservation System.
Martial Arts / Fencing Clubs
Participation in any martial arts activity, with or without weapons, must take place in the presence of an approved instructor during an activity class or club reservation time. These clubs may not practice without the presence of an approved instructor for their specific club. If using space on a first come first served basis, the approved instructor must present their ID to building management prior to using the space.
To request space for weekly reservations:
Complete the Club Weekly Reservation Request Form.
To request space for special events at the SLC, Clark Gym, or outdoor fields:
- Complete the Internal Requests form under "Special Event Requests and Forms" tab.
To request space at the Field House Arena or Aquatics Center:
- Complete an online request at: https://www.rit.edu/fa/fieldhouse/recreation_reservation.php
Guidelines for Facility Availability
The days and times listed below are generally the times that are available for club reservations in a particular location.
|Turf Field||Monday - Thursday||6am - 3pm|
|Friday||8pm - 11pm|
|Saturday||Noon - 11pm|
|Student Life Center||Monday - Friday||6am - 11pm (with limited time before 6pm)|
|Saturday||8am - 11pm|
|Sunday||10am - 11pm|
|Clark||Monday - Thursday||8:30pm - 10:30pm|
|Saturday||Noon - 11pm (special events only, staff charges may apply)|
|Sunday||Noon - 11pm (special events only, staff charges may apply)|
Club Sports and Intramural Participation
If a sport is played at both the intramural and club level, no more than two club members are allowed on an intramural team.
Non-RIT Participation in Club Sports Activities
Club Sports Special Events
Students from other schools who participate in RIT Club Sports events (such as volleyball tournaments, swing dances, etc.) would not be required to pay the guest fee. However, the event must be registered with EVR. Also, an RIT member of the club would need to monitor the facility/field entrance in order to verify who is participating in the event and collect all event fees.
Club Sports: Advisors / Instructors / Coaches
We are happy to grant a complimentary recreation membership to advisors, instructors, or coaches who are not affiliated with RIT, but are volunteering their time to help improve the function of these clubs. The Club Administration Coordinator and the Club Sports Coordinator must approve these individuals in advance and inform the SLC Main Office of the agreement. The free membership is only valid during the semester they are actively participating with the club.