Recreation: Membership Information
COMING SOON! Membership renewals will be available online. Sponsored members will still need to renew through the SLC Main Office or by phone with Visa or MasterCard.
RIT recreation memberships are available to the RIT community, alumni, family, and friends. Membership includes the use of the Student Life Center (SLC), Field House, multi-level fitness center, aquatics center, tennis courts, nature trails, and outdoor fields. Members must present their valid RIT ID for access into the facilities. Red Barn Climbing memberships are sold separately.
All RIT registered students receive automatic access to the facilities. Incoming freshmen receive access on the first day of Freshman Orientation. Students only registered for a wellness class will be provided with access if the class is needed to fulfill a graduation requirement. Access will be granted upon review by the SLC Main Office. During the summer, free access will be granted to students registered for the previous Spring and the upcoming Fall semesters or are registered for a Summer course.
RIT faculty, staff, retirees, and trustees also receive the benefit of automatic access. Trustees will be granted access upon notification of the SLC Main Office.
All other recreation memberships requiring payment are provided through the SLC Main Office and may be purchased with cash, check, credit card, or Tiger Bucks. First time members must register in person and provide a valid photo ID in order to acquire an RIT recreation ID. Family and Friend of the Institute memberships require a sponsor with a current recreation membership. New Friend of the Institute members must have their sponsor with them the first time they purchase a membership.
Call 585-475-2620, 585-475-7663 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
|SLC Main Office hours are:|
|Monday, Thursday, Friday||9am - 4pm|
|Tuesday, Wednesday||9am - 6:30pm|
Membership Schedule and Rates
|Membership Type||3 mos.||6 mos.||9 mos.||Annual+|
|Students, Faculty, Staff *||-||-||-||-|
|Family member of student**||$55||$110||$165||NA|
|Family Member of faculty, staff, alumni **||$55||$110||$165||$198|
|Friend of the Institute^^||$110||$220||$330||$396|
*Includes RIT retirees and trustees
** Includes spouse, dependent children, and domestic partner
^ Includes groups or individuals with a special relationship to RIT
^^ Must be sponsored by a student, faculty, staff or alumni with a valid recreation membership
+ The annual rate reflects a 10% discount at time of purchase. A sponsored member is eligible for the 10% discounted rate if purchased within two weeks of their sponsor’s date of purchase. Annual membership expiration dates for sponsored members will end on the date of their sponsor’s membership.
- A guest pass is a benefit for an RIT Recreation member to bring in friends with them.
- A guest must have an RIT Recreation member sponsor them for a $7 pass and accompany them at all times.
- All guests must present a valid photo ID and sign a release agreement.
- Guests are welcome to use the facility up to eight times per semester. Friend of the Institute memberships are also available with an RIT sponsor.
- Children under 16, including recreation members, must be accompanied by an adult at all times and cannot sponsor a guest.
- A guest must be at least 4 years old to use the aquatics center and 14 years old to use the fitness center.
- An RIT sponsor must purchase guest passes for their guest(s) on the day they use the facility.
- There is a limit of three guests per day.
- RIT sponsored guests may borrow equipment. The sponsor is responsible for items not returned.
- Sponsors and guests must comply with all recreation policies, or they may lose their privileges to use the facilities.
COMING SOON! Locker rental renewals will be available online. Sponsored members will still need to renew at the SLC Main Office.
Half-lockers are available at the Student Life Center and rentals are purchased at the SLC Main Office. Rates are $30 per year, $16 per semester, or $10 for 3 months. Rentals also have an additional $5 lock deposit fee, which is refunded if the lock is returned to the SLC Main Office by the rental expiration date. Any items found after a rental expires will be removed and donated to charity after 30 days if left unclaimed. Full-size lockers are available for day-to-day use only. Locks found on full-size lockers at the end of the day will be cut and all contents will be removed.
Various types of equipment (towels, locks, basketballs, racquets, etc.) can be loaned out from the SLC Equipment Cage.
- A valid RIT ID is required when borrowing and returning equipment.
- Only one towel per person. You may exchange a soiled towel for a clean one.
- Report any bloody towels to the Cage Attendant.
- RIT sponsored guests may borrow equipment under their sponsor’s account.
- Equipment loaned out must be returned the same day.
- Fees will apply to any damaged, lost or late items.
- Building access will be denied to anyone who owes a late fee, replacement fee or overdue equipment.
- Arrangements for large equipment or overnight loan-outs must be made in advance by contacting SLC Rents.