Red Barn Climbing
Visit the Red Barn Climbing Gym for more information.
RIT personal trainers are the only trainers authorized to provide personal training services within our facilities. There are two programs that offer this type of service to the RIT community: The Wellness Instructional Program and Better Me, an employee wellness initiative.
The Wellness Instructional Program provides a "Personal Training" course (1109-014) as part of the Fitness discipline. Students can register using SIS, and the course follows the academic schedule. This course can be used toward the Wellness graduation requirement. For more information on the Personal Training course, contact Michelle Schrouder.
Better Me personal training services are available at any time throughout the year. For more information, visit their website.
Nutrition Education (free)
Nutrition is a very important part of our well-being. Student Wellness offers free nutrition advice in order to promote and enhance the connection between proper nutrition and fitness. Fourth-year RIT Nutrition Management students will help you learn how to make healthier food choices, customize your diet, create healthy goals, or guide you to learn more about nutrition.
All meetings are 30-60 minutes and take place in the Student Life Center, Wellness Consultation Office, Room 1262. This office is located after the SLC classrooms and just before the entrance to the upper level Wiedman Fitness Center.
Click here to schedule your appointment:
Fitness Center Basics: How to get started (free)
Take advantage of this FREE service provided by the Wiedman Fitness Center. This service is designed to meet individual interests and goals. If you are starting a fitness program for the first time, we will guide you through a warm-up, basic weight training exercises with machines and/or free weights and a short stretching routine. If you want to enhance your workout and learn how to use the “Functional Training Area”, we can help you with that too! All participants will receive an information packet which includes: the benefits of weight training, training tips, and a log sheet to keep track of your workouts.
What to expect at your appointment:
The student supervisor will meet you at the upper level desk in the Wiedman Fitness Center, located in the Field House. Please come dressed in appropriate workout attire and be ready to workout at the time of your appointment. Towels and locks are available for loan-out at the SLC Equipment Cage. You will need your RIT ID for facility access and equipment loan-out.
We look forward to working with you and helping you reach your fitness goals!
Instructions for creating a "Fitness Center Basics" Appointment
- Click “Book Now” button to be brought to “Scheduler”
- Select a location: Rochester 14623
- Select RIT Student Services
- Go to the bottom of the list, and select “Fitness Center Basics: How to get started”
- Select a supervisor to view their availability
- Each supervisor has unique availability, so choose one who is most convenient for you
Click here to schedule your appointment.
Children's Swim Program
This one-on-one instruction program is designed for children and grandchildren of RIT faculty, staff, retirees, students and alumni with a current Recreation membership. The objectives of this program are to promote appreciation, skill and respect for swimming, while having fun and making new friends. The minimum age for participation is four years old.
Registration is now completely online! No lines...no waiting! We are pleased to provide this service and hope that you find it easy and convenient. If you have questions, please don’t hesitate to contact the SLC Main Office at 585-475-2620 or 585-475-7663.
Please read the detailed instructions below.
Spring Session I
- Registration open Tuesday, January 19th at 8am
- Saturdays: 2/6, 2/13, 2/20, 2/27, 3/5, 3/12
- Choice of half hour lessons between 10:00am and 1:35pm
- Cost $60
Follow these steps for registration:
Step 1: Add Your Dependents to Your Member Account. This step can be completed prior to the registration date noted above.
- Login to our web portal
- If you are an alumnus and need login credentials, please contact the SLC Main Office for help.
- Click Sign In
- Enter RIT credentials
- Click on My Account
- Click on Add a Dependent
- Click Save when finished
Step 2: Register for Swim Lessons. This step cannot be completed before the registration date noted above.
Follow the instructions below or view this pdf.
- Login to our web portal.
- Click "Sign In".
- Enter RIT credentials.
- Click on your username (upper right corner).
- Click on "Courses".
- Select and view the current semester's offerings.
- Select the session time and preferred lifeguard.
- Select which dependent you would like to register and click “Add to Cart”.
- The Liability Waiver will appear.
- Click “Accept Now & Register” to accept the waiver and register your dependent.
- You can decline, but you will not be registered.
- Click “Add an Emergency Contact”. Fill out the appropriate fields and click “Save”.
- Click “Add to Cart”.
- If adding another dependent to a lesson, click “Continue Shopping” and repeat the necessary steps.
- If finished, click “Checkout”.
- Fill out all required information via RIT’s approved secure online payment site.
- Click “Continue”. Verify all information is correct and click “Confirm”.
- Once complete, you will receive a confirmation message and email.
Click here to view RIT campus maps with parking availability. Please be aware that special events on campus may impact parking.
Ice Arena Programs
Please visit University Arenas for information regarding program details and how to register.
The Frank Ritter Ice Arena has public skate hours available for the RIT community as well as the public.
RIT students - $2
Faculty, staff, alumni, RIT recreation members with a valid RIT ID - $5
Children 6 years and under - $3
Seniors - $3
Public - $5
Skate Rental - $3
Skate Sharpening - $3
Contact person: Margo Clements, Ice Rink Activities Assistant