INTERNATIONAL STUDENT SERVICES
This program serves approximately 2,000 international students admitted to the United States on student visas. In addition, the office offers several services to the Institute as a whole:
- Provides information about immigration rules and regulations for entry to the U.S. as an F-1 student, or J-1 student, professor or researcher scholar.
- Consultation with colleges in the Institute concerning the needs of international students.
- Cross-cultural programming and workshops to increase campus-wide awareness of international students and their needs.
- Employment authorization for students planning to do cooperative education or post completion optional practical training.
- A variety of workshops of special interest to international students – for instance Tax Workshop, Immigration Lawyer Visit, Returning Home after Graduation.
- Peer Advisor Leader (PAL) program for upperclassmen and graduate students who facilitate the transition of international students to the U.S. in general and RIT in particular through International Student Orientation held quarterly.
|Contact Person:||Jeffrey Cox, Director of International Student Services|
|Telephone:||(585) 475-6943 (V/TTY)|
|Location:||Student Alumni Union, Mezzanine, Room 2330 Campus Map|