STUDENT HEALTH CENTER
The Student Health Center provides primary health care on an out-patient basis. The staff includes physicians, nurse practitioners, a physician assistant, registered nurses, an interpreter for the deaf and support staff.
Services are available by appointment. The Student Health Center is located on the first floor of the August Center.
The Center is open:
- Monday - Thursday 8:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.
- Wednesday 8:00 a.m. – 12:00 noon and 2:30 p.m. – 7:00 p.m. (urgent appointments only 12:00 p.m. - 2:30 p.m.)
- Friday 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Note: Hours are subject to change.
Immunizations: Students are required to be in compliance with New York State Immunization Laws in order to attend classes. If students are not in compliance 30 days after the start of classes, they may be asked to leave campus and/or be assessed a $200 late fine.
Medical records are confidential. Information will not be released without the written consent of the student. Exceptions to this rule are made only when required by the public health laws of New York State.
Excuses for class absenteeism: The Student Health Center does not write excuses for students who miss class due to an illness. The student signs a release of information and then asks the faculty member to contact the Student Health Center directly. Providers will share only the particular information which was authorized by the student in the release form.
A wide range of health services and programs is available in or through the Student Health Center. These services include:
- General medical diagnosis and treatment.
- Comprehensive gynecological services.
- On-site psychiatrist.
- Laboratory and x-ray services: There is a laboratory draw station on site. If x-rays are needed, students are referred to an appropriate facility. Charges for these are frequently, but not always, covered by insurance.
- Prescriptions written by Student Health Center providers may be purchased in the Center or at nearby pharmacies. Wegman's provides daily (Mon-Fri) delivery of medications to the Center.
- RIT Ambulance – For emergency medical services, call Public Safety at 475-3333. If RIT Ambulance is not available, there may be a charge for services rendered by other emergency responders.
|Contact Person:||Patricia Maillet|