CENTER FOR STUDENT INNOVATION
A round glass building on a campus of brick cubes, Rochester Institute of Technology’s new Center for Student Innovation (CSI) draws on the technical excellence of RIT’s eight colleges, while freeing innovators from disciplinary boundaries. To help fresh minds turn new approaches into innovative solutions the CSI sponsors workshops, seminars, innovation courses, competitions, mini-grants and pilot projects, and helps students form interdisciplinary teams to collaborate on trans-disciplinary problems.
The CSI is open 24/7 physically as well as virtually. Combining physical workspaces, immersive visualization and collaboration technologies developed at RIT, it serves as a “hub” connecting facilities, companies, technologies, and innovators across campus and across the world.
The Center for Student Innovation is thus:
- A workplace where students innovate with each other and with businesses and community organizations who sponsor collaborative innovation teams and innovation fellows.
- A nexus of multi-disciplinary and interdisciplinary innovation for students throughout RIT
- A ‘hands-on’ showcase for innovation, including an innovation ‘hall of fame’ that dramatically displays the innovation of our alumni
- A place for gatherings, seminars, and workshops that support all aspects of innovation
- A virtual hub and clearing house of RIT innovation resources
|Contact Person:||Jon Schull, Interim Director, RIT Center for Student Innovation|
|Location:||The Center for Student InnovationCampus Map|