Center for Integrated Manufacturing Studies
Since 1992, the Center (CIMS) at Rochester Institute of Technology (RIT) has joined analytical research practices with applied technology to help manufacturers remain competitive in the global marketplace. CIMS is a dynamic collaboration of in-house technical experts, as well as academic, industry and government resources. Click here for driving directions (PDF).
- Printing Applications and Imaging Products Laboratory is an independent university-based center of excellence enabling sustainable printing and imaging from concept through multiple life cycles and end of life. The lab provides third-party, independent validation, knowledge transfer, applied research and development, system level understanding and validation and assurance testing services.
- Digital Manufacturing & Product Realization Lab is a collaborative makers facility developed to enable manufacturing companies to go from concept to commercialization. The lab features state-of-the-art equipment, leverages the resources and experience of RIT research scientists and sustainability experts, and is equipped with innovative technology capabilities for product design, prototype fabrication and inspection, and validation.
- Center for Excellence in Lean Enterprise provides Lean and Lean Six-Sigma training programs and team-driven implementation of process improvements so employees can help transform their company’s “culture” and promote continuous improvements.
- Manufacturing Technologies Program helps industry remove productivity barriers, enhance efficiency, and keep ahead of technology changes and marketplace dynamics.
- CIMS Training Programs answer pressing business and technology questions, increase employee confidence, and teach organizations new skills.
In recognition of its efforts, CIMS has received:
- Excellence in TBED (Technology-Based Economic Development) Award (2011)
- U.S. Department of Commerce’s Economic Development Administration’s Excellence in University Led Strategies Award (2009)
- National Pollution Prevention Roundtable’s MVP2 Award (2006)
- New York State Environmental Excellence Award (2004)
- National Center for Advanced Technologies, Defense Manufacturing Excellence Award (2004)
- Governor’s Award for Pollution Prevention (2002)
The Center for Integrated Manufacturing Studies is a 170,000 sq. ft. facility located in Louise M. Slaughter Hall (building 78) on the Rochester Institute of Technology campus. In addition to large manufacturing bays, labs and adjacent office areas, CIMS maintains a spacious 10-room, 400-seat training and conference center with smart capabilities. This area is available for employee training, industry outreach, professional conferences and meetings, regional and local community forums, and other educational activities. To reserve a room, visit the CIMS Conference Room Reservations page.
CIMS is an active partner in the Finger Lakes Food Processing Initiative.