The fall and spring semesters will be 15 weeks long. There will be a winter intersession and a 10-week summer session. The academic year starts in the Fall, but
it is possible to start your program in any term if
you are a part-time student.
If you are a matriculated student, you are required to fill
out a plan of study form (see below) in the first five weeks
of the term in which you are matriculated, in conjunction
with your adviser. If you have not yet matriculated, but wish
to take a class, we encourage you to contact
For the most up-to-date listing of courses available in a term go the the Student Information System here and then click on New SIS Class Search.
Strategies for Learning
- Take core courses early in the program.
- It is usually better to take required coures early in your program.
- Take courses in your concentration and other courses later in the program.
- Be sure you meet course prerequisites.
- Fill out the Plan of Study form, discuss it with your advisor, and get it approved by your advisor.
- If you are a full-time worker, you will usually learn more if you take one course each semester. You may find that you do not have the time to really learn the material if you try taking two courses each semester. This is especially true of the more advanced courses.