For Student Government Clubs, Departments, Individuals, & Other Organizations
Fill out this form to make a request for additional funds for events, programs, or equipment purchases. Please read the Finance Committee Guidelines available in the Student Government Bylaws if you are not already familiar with them. If your event requires Event Registration, please contact the EVR staff at the Campus Center Welcome Desk before submitting.
After submitting the completed proposal, you will be contacted by email from the SG Director of Finance with further instructions. You may be asked to come and speak to the Finance Committee to clarify your request—please be prepared to give as much information as possible about your activity.
Instructions for Memo/Attachment:
Please include section I and/or II in your attachment. Be sure your attachment answers the following questions: Who? What? Where? When? Why? How? Also, make sure you supply other sources of income for your organization if applicable.
I. Events or Programs:
1. In your memo please explain the theme and/or function of the event/program.
2. Explain how it will benefit your organization and the RIT community.
3. What methods will you and/or your organization use to advertise the event?
4. What is the estimated attendance?
5. Explain fundraising efforts your club/organization has already completed or plans to do.
6. Include in table format a detailed list of all expenses and income that will be associated with the event.
II. Equipment Purchases or other Acquisitions:
1. In your memo please give a detailed explanation as to how the purchase will benefit your club/organization.
2. Please include official estimates of the costs indicating the company who provided the estimate.
3. Include any fundraising efforts your club/organization has done and plans to do.
4. To assist with this request, be sure to include where your club/organization will be storing the equipment or purchase if storage will be needed.