HOW DO I ORDER ACADEMIC REGALIA?
Click here to order regalia online (RIT login required). Questions? E-mail email@example.com.
Friday, February 15, 2019: Cut-off date for ordering cap, gown and/or hood for Academic Convocation and Commencement. Any orders placed after this date are considered Late Orders.
Friday, March 8, 2019; Cut-off date for Late Orders. Cap, gown and/or hood rental orders placed after February 16 and on/or before March 9 will be considered Late Orders & we cannot guarantee hood colors.
Saturday, March 9, 2019: If you are trying to rent your cap, gown and/or hood after the Late Order cut-off date (March 9), you will need to contact your college's Commencement representative.
WHERE & WHEN DO I PICK UP MY ACADEMIC REGALIA?
Between Monday, April 29, 2019 & Saturday, May 11, 2019, regalia will be distributed from the Online Order Pickup window on the 2nd floor of the bookstore, Barnes & Noble @ RIT, during store hours.
Please bring any form of photo ID to make the process faster & easier (RIT ID is preferred).
Barnes & Noble @ RIT
100 Park Point Drive
Rochester NY 14623
Monday – Friday: 9 a.m. – 7 p.m.
Saturday: 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M.
Sunday: 11 a.m. – 5 p.m.
HOW DO I WEAR MY RENTAL REGALIA?
- You can watch these videos for associate/bachelor's, master's or Ph.D. regalia.
- A member of the bookstore's regalia team will be at every line up to assist all participants.
- Do NOT iron your regalia, as this will damage the velvet. We recommend using a steamer.
WHERE & WHEN DO I RETURN MY ACADEMIC REGALIA?
- Rented regalia must be returned no later than 6:30 p.m. Wednesday, May 15, 2019. Options for returning your rented regalia:
- Easiest: Return regalia after your last ceremony at the following locations (look for the Faculty Cap & Gown Drop-off signs):
- Gordon Field House: Return regalia to the Student Life Center (mezzanine level of the Field House), room 1320.
- Gene Polisseni Center: Return regalia to the tables in the east hallway (near the SpiRIT Store, across from the concessions).
- Alternate: You may also return your regalia to Barnes & Noble @ RIT, Online Order Pickup window on the 2nd floor, any time during store hours.
- If you are unable to retun your regalia, a friend, relative or staff member may do so for you. However, keep in mind that you are financially responsible for all rented regalia that is returned damanged, or not returned at all.
I'M TIRED OF RENTING EVERY YEAR! HOW DO I PURCHASE MY OWN ACADEMIC REGALIA?
Contact the bookstore's regalia team at firstname.lastname@example.org to request information on purchasing your own regalia.