Review the Weekend Schedule
There are many events to attend, including the Academic Convocation (with guest speaker), college commencement ceremonies, receptions, and more.
Make your reservations for overnight accommodations.
Several other area universities are holding graduation ceremonies this weekend, so reservations should be made as soon as possible directly with the lodging of your choice. For information on area hotels, inns, motels, and bed and breakfast lodgings, contact Visit Rochester at 1-800-677-7282 or 585-279-8300. Locations nearest to RIT are found on Jefferson Road, West and East Henrietta Roads, White Spruce Boulevard, Lehigh Station Road, and Hylan Drive. RIT is approximately 25 minutes from downtown Rochester.
Review parking, shuttle and accessibility information.
If needed, request special parking and seating arrangements for guests with special needs. Please note that our campus is large and that there is considerable walking involved from all locations to shuttle stops. We encourage you to consider the distances you may have to walk and to wear comfortable shoes. A limited number of golf carts operated by staff will be available to help elderly guests or guests with special needs.
Dress for Comfort
Business casual is most common. Wear comfortable walking shoes!
Consider bringing activities for young children to do quietly at their seats.
Let your friends, family and neighbors know about your graduation!
- A news release announcing your graduation will be sent to your hometown newspaper (contact Marie Lang at University News with any questions).
- Generic graduation announcements are available at Barnes & Noble @ RIT; if you would like personalized announcements, please visit Balfour.com.
- We’ll also send you an online story through RIT's merit pages to share or post on social media. RIT will be projecting tweets on the big screens between ceremonies in the Gordon Field House and the Gene Polisseni Center, so use the hashtag #RITgrad to share photos of your graduation day!
Order your video of the Academic Convocation or college commencement ceremony.
Video recordings of each college ceremony and the Academic Convocation are available for purchase.
- Academic Convocation includes the official conferral of degrees and all of the speeches.
- College ceremony videos include all speeches and the individual recognition of graduates as they cross the stage.
Videos are available in two formats: Digital Download or DVD.
- DVDs of a college ceremony and the Academic Convocation are $26 each or you can purchase both together for $42, savings of $10. Price includes tax and shipping.
- Digital downloads are $20 each.
Purchase online here. DVDs may also be ordered at ceremony locations during Commencement Weekend or by calling 585-475-2516.
Pre-register your e-mail address with RIT’s official Commencement Photographers.
Professional photographers from GradImages will be at each college ceremony and will photograph each graduate as he or she crosses the stage. You will be contacted directly by GradImages with ordering information and a link for viewing proofs. For fastest viewing of your graduate’s photos, visit the GradImages website and pre-register your preferred e-mail address. You can also provide access to the photographs to up to six other individuals by preregistering their e-mail addresses.
Buy a Brick
You can make your mark at RIT today with the purchase of a brick that can be engraved to commemorate your graduate. Direct your gift to one of 19 scholarship and student life funds, helping current and future students while you become a part of RIT’s history. Your brick will be placed on Philanthropy Way – a visible symbol of many who give to RIT. Visit Buy a Brick for more information or place your order here. Please note: The deadline to order bricks for installation by Commencement 2020 is Friday, February 28, 2020.
Celebrate the Class of 2020 by making a gift of $20.20 or more - your grad will be recognized with an exclusive orange and black philanthropy cord to wear at Commencement. When making your gift, please be sure to include your student’s full name in the honorary gift field. Cords will be available for pick up on campus during the last week of classes, senior events, and at the Class Toast.