In this course based in Toronto, students will network with agencies and local professionals in the field, and explore the city. Students will be exposed to the international fashion market in Toronto and will meet and network with fashion design studios, advertising agencies, fashion publishing, modeling agents, styling professionals and fashion photographers. Students from all majors are encouraged to participate in the program to learn about the hands-on business side of the fashion industry and fashion advertising. Students will also participate in weekly field trips to to meet fashion industry professionals and visit art museums and galleries in Toronto.
Toronto is a major metropolitan city and its proximity to Rochester offers opportunities for students to make connections for collaboration during the summer and continued networking opportunities after graduation.
Note: the application deadline for summer 2018 has been reached for this program.
- PHAP 350 - Topics in Advertising Photography (3 credits) (no pre-requisites)
- Open to undergraduate and graduate students
- Open to students from all majors with an interest in fashion
Application deadline has been reached for summer 2018 program. For more information, contact the faculty-director, Susuan Lakin at email@example.com
Program Cost: A compete student budget worksheet for the summer 2018 program can be found here. Students should take a copy of this worksheet to their financial aid advisor to determine how their aid may apply to the program cost.
1) View this short video to understand all the application steps - Faculty-Led Programs: Student Application Steps
2) Use the Faculty-Led Study Abroad Program Checklist to make sure you are completing all the application steps.
3) Start an application in the Compass.
RIT Students Only