What: U.S. government funded grants to study, research, or teach English in over 140 participating countries outside of the U.S. for one year for recent graduates and graduate students.
Amount: Varies, but covers cost of traveling to and living in your host country, including roundtrip airfare, a monthly stipend, and accident & sickness coverage.
Where: Over 140 participating countries
1. May 30: MAPS Scholarships
The Midwest Animation Promotion Society (MAPS) scholarships program is offered to full time college students majoring in illustration and animation, Japanese Language and Literature and Asian Studies. This scholarship consists of 3 awards, with one recipient in each category.
Amount: $1,500 - $3000
Personal statements are a common (and important) aspect of applications. They help give the reviewer a sense of who you are. Here are some things to keep in mind when writing your personal statement.
- Be authentic. Tell your story.
- Do not repeat things found elsewhere in your application.
- Avoid generalizations, broad statements, and cliches.
- Show, don't tell: make sure to qualify statements with examples.
- Don't be shy and get feedback from multiple people: advisors, professors, peers, friends, and family.